Best Tips To Prepare For SSC CGL Exam 2021
Are you going to attend SSC CGL? You must be aware of how many tiers you need to clear. What topics are you required to handle? What tips could be helpful? There are a total number of 4 tiers in the exam. Candidates are required to keep in mind that two tiers are regarded as the prominent stages of the exam. The first two tiers exam comes up with computer-oriented objective questions; the third tier is all about descriptive pen, and the paper-oriented test.
Talking about Tier 1, Two, and Third, the SSC board goes ahead to conduct phase-4 in the context of particular tests. Tier 4 is all about examining the candidate’s Computer Proficiency Test and Data Entry Skill. Sometimes students get into the preparation so deeply and get confused about where they could find the SSC CGL admit card. You must always prefer the official site to get it instead of going with any other random sites.
Top Tips To Prepare For Tier 1 and Tier 2 –
- The weightage of Tier 1 will be 200 marks. On the other hand, tier-2 will be of 400 marks indeed. Tier-1 Exam comes up with a total number of four subjects including Reasoning, General Awareness, English Comprehension, and Quantitative Aptitude. Moreover, the exam will be 200 marks. Here, it needs to mention that each part is regarded as being equally important. You must not leave any section thinking that it might not come in the exam. You should put attention to every section. Apart from it, negative marking will also be there. You could lose 0.5 marks in the exam. The most important thing to keep in mind is that there is no specific section-wise oriented cut-off in this exam. You need to keep this in the mind to keep yourself free from unwanted stress.
- The next on the list is the Math section indeed. It would not be an exaggeration that the quantitative aptitude section is regarded quite important indeed. You may say that it is all about the deciding area in the context of a candidate in the merit list. It comes up with excellence in the context of terms of weightage since it holds a written section. To get success, you need to achieve 50 marks out of 200 in Prelims and you need to fetch 200 out of 400 in the mains market. To put it in simple words, you need to get 250 out of 600 to get success in the exam. The designed questions in this test go with the motto of testing the ability of appropriate use of numbers. If you are contemplating quantitative ability, you need to emphasize 10th level mathematics. Getting an ideal and strong command over this section can help you in the context of 40-45 marks. What you need to do is attending each question quite carefully. You also need to maintain an ideal accuracy indeed. Candidates can expect a moderate level indeed. To put in simple words, the Maths syllabus can easily be categorized into these prominent categories such as Data Interpretation, Advanced Maths, and Arithmetic. These sections would be coming up with excellent topics and subjects such as Distance and Work, Average, Elementary Mensuration, Trigonometry, and so on. If you have always been a math lover then you would be loving this section.
Apart from these excellent preparation tips, you need to keep in mind what mistakes you do not need to make.
- You must read the questions completely. Do not read questions in a hurry otherwise, you might not be able to understand and probably end up doing it wrong. Always give enough time to understand questions with patience so that you could figure out the right answer indeed.
- Do not go with shortcuts. Most students think that shortcuts probably help them to get the best results. But there is nothing like this at all. They probably make you get confused. That is why it is better to focus on your study. You should believe in your hard work first.
- Do not prefer guesswork too much. You must do it only when you are confirmed. If you trust guesswork too much then you are going to receive negative marking. Therefore, you should attempt the questions only about what you are sure of.
In The Last –
Hope these above mentioned points have helped you to understand the SSC CGL exam preparation in an ideal manner. Go with constant practice to have the best experiences.