Training, education, and certification from a recognized external agency are in demand today. There are a few reasons these certificates are in the market. First, they add credibility to your standing. Second, while you are still pondering the advantages of certification, millions of candidates are weighing down their peers with the help of these certifications. The CCNA Certification is one such certification that can do wonders in stepping up your IT career.
What is CCNA Training?
The CCNA Certification, also known as the CCNA Certification or the Cisco Certified Network Associate, is a certification that is provided as an entry-level Information Technology certification. The certificate is issued by the company Cisco which can help you in boosting your basic networking concepts. Therefore, it is often asked for while applying for IT positions.
Here are the steps to be followed to receive the CCNA Certification:
- To obtain the certification, you must take and pass the 200-301 CCNA exam.
- To prepare for the exam, the candidate requires some training and experience in computer networking. There are no other requirements before the exam.
- The CCNA is one of the most popular and commonly asked for certification.
CCNA Certification Cost
The candidate must pay an exam fee of $300 plus tax to take the CCNA exam. You are allowed to use the Cisco Learning Credits. With this, you can purchase the exam. The companies buy and provide their employees with prepaid credits. An employee can reach out to the company manager and ask if the company would pay for the exam and training cost.
How does one obtain the CCNA Certification?
The candidate must first take the 200-301 CCNA exam, which Cisco offers. The exam does not have any prerequisites. However, a candidate is recommended to possess the following prior experiences before appearing for the exam:
- The candidate is advised to have not less than one year of using and operating Cisco products and solutions.
- The candidate must have a fundamental knowledge of IP addressing
- The candidate must also possess knowledge about network basics.
Most candidates take CCNA courses to help them pass the exam. However, there are numerous courses from which the candidate can choose any CCNA course online. Some colleges also provide in-person courses and training.
The courses offered to complete this exam are called Implementing and Administering Solutions. In addition, the candidate can either take a Computer Communication course with a complete introduction to networking or choose classes that focus on specific skills. Some examples of such courses are TCP/IP and packet switching networks. These particular courses help the candidate by educating them on the fundamentals of computer networks.
You can take shorter courses like ‘Introduction to Networks and Cisco Devices’, exclusively designed for candidates looking for a revision or a light course.
The average CCNA Course fees range from $800-$850.
What salary can one expect with a CCNA Certification?
This certification is proven to be helpful in both entry-level and higher-level positions. Hence, here are the average salary packages that one can expect with this certification:
|Position||Salary in $|
|IT support specialist||$53,051|
|Senior network engineer||$116,165|
Benefits of the Cisco Certification
- Candidates who cannot comply with the needs of the labour market can seek such prestigious accreditation.
- The course that needs to be taken to be prepared for the CCNA exam is brief. If you have less time or do not want to waste time on long courses, the CCNA badge is the best choice for you. CCNA training also includes action-based learning. It helps in testing your knowledge of the latest technology. It also helps in building job-necessary skills. The training also includes workplace-based scenarios.
- If an entry-level candidate is looking for an occupation or wants to change their career, this certificate serves as a link that prepares one for an IT job. The certificate gives the candidate an edge over others in the job market.
The CCNA Certification helps any IT aspirant jumpstart their career or accelerate their promotion. The training involved here is complex study and action-based. Any person who fits the requirements can take the 200-301 CCNA exam.