Netgear extender not working, though occasional, can arise from both the end of user and ISP. On the user end, the reason might be a poor internet connection, a configuration error, or a forgotten password. On ISP’s side, the internet might be down.
There is no doubt to the fact that the Netgear WiFi range extenders are one of the best WiFi networking devices to enjoy fast internet access in every corner of a home. Basically, Netgear extender helps in broadcasting WiFi signals from the existing home WiFi router and sending them to far areas, even covering dead zones. In this way, the device fixes the slow and sluggish internet problems. But, what if you are facing issues with your extender itself?
Like any other electronic device, these tiny WiFi devices are also prone to imperfections. And these failings, if not encountered, may completely ruin your internet experience.
Well, worry not! We have come up with this post to help you fix the possible issues that can make your Netgear extender not working. No Matter whether you have a Netgear AC1200 setup at your home or using AC1900, the tips we have given here will help you make your extender working again. So, given them try now!
Find the Tips to Fix Netgear Extender Not Working Issue
If you are looking to fix common issues related to an extender, the only way is to do so is to access the mywifiext login page. After extender login, you can access the extender’s settings and make changes to various functionalities the way you want. But the thing is – most users fail to access the Netgear extender login page. It can be due to some technical glitches. Here’s how to fix the issue.
- Make sure that your extender is turned on.
- Delete all the junk files from your browser.
- Switch to another web browser.
- Use the correct web address www.mywifiext.net for accessing the Netgear login page.
Netgear range extenders come with their default credentials. However, these details need to be changed during the Netgear extender setup, so that no illegitimate user can access your WiFi network. In case you are facing issues while changing the credentials, here’s how to do it.
- Log in to your Netgear WiFi range extender with the help of an updated web browser.
- Now, Netgear Genie Setup wizard will open.
- Click on the Username field.
- Type the existing username and then the new one in the given fields.
- Once done, hit the Save button for making all the changes effective.
Another problem with Netgear range extenders that is found usually is the WiFi network congestion. It means all your client WiFi devices are connected to the same WiFi network at the same time. To get rid of this problem, try to use the points below.
- Turn the WiFi devices off that you are currently not using.
- Make sure that your WiFi router is getting the proper power supply.
- Turn off the extender when you are not using it.
If still you are not able to fix the Netgear extender not working issue, then you need to reset your range extender by pressing the Reset button and then again do the setup process to make it working back again.
We hope that the aforementioned tips will help you fix the Netgear extender not working issue. Nevertheless, if you still experience problems with your WiFi device, let us know it. You can send your query in the comments section for getting a solution to it from our technical experts.