Have you ever thought to modify your food items? Are you looking for a healthy diet to be a part of your daily routine?
If your answer is ‘yes’ then you must go for minimally processed plant food items. A whole food plant-based diet contains all functional ingredients that can fight against degenerative and chronic diseases. Plant foods are ‘whole foods’ that provide all healthy nutrients and keeps you healthy and fresh.
Plant-based whole foods contain green leafy vegetables, fruits, legumes, beans, nuts, and many others having origin from a plant.
Here, there is one more question frequently asked by health-conscious people that how will they get protein without meat?
If you seriously include plant base whole food in your diet, then you will get all the necessary nutrients. A plant-based whole food diet provides proteins by legumes, beans, whole grains, and nuts than by processed meat and meat products. People mostly confuse a whole food diet with a vegetarian diet. Both are different diet plans. A vegetarian diet restricts the consumption of meat and meat products. However whole food diet plan is less strict because it does not remove animal items allowing milk and egg consumption in portions.
What is a plant-based whole food diet?
Plant-based whole-food includes a wide variety of flavored components:
- Whole grains: Brown rice, barley, quinoa, oats, whole wheat, millet
- Legumes: Green beans, chickpea, kidney beans, soybeans, lentils, lima beans, peas
- Plant roots: Potatoes, onions, beets, ginger, turnip, carrots, garlic, sugar beet,
- Seeds:Flaxseeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds (source of omega 3 fatty acids)
- Greens: Lettuce, spinach, arugula, kale, parsley
- Fruits: Frozen, fresh, and dried fruits all are included (apple, guava, banana, apricot, melon, Pineapple, kiwi, grapes, plums, etc.)
- Berries: Strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, raspberries
- Nuts: Peanuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts
You should followthe whole food diet plan to set your routine accordingly.
Benefits of plant based whole food diet
Primary diet in weight loss program
WFPB diet is a great source of fiber that provides the feeling of fullness and helps in weight loss management programs. Plant-based whole food is not just a diet, but it is a ‘lifestyle’. It is a set of natural green foods that are rich in flavors and healthy nutrients.
You do not have to control your hunger all the time like a punishment. There is added excellence that you can eat WFPB when you want and how much you want.
Nuts and seeds are high in natural fat which makes them delicious while eating but this may impact negatively on weight loss plan. Take low-fat whole foods like leafy vegetables. Flax seeds and chia seeds have a high content of omega-3 fatty acids,so take them in portion or by consulting a nutritionist.
Plant-based whole food diet as an anti-diabetic agent
Plant based whole food diet can control diabetes by a solo flight if taken in a manageable way. This diet can provide nearly 45 grams of carbohydrates within a single meal. In a diabetes control diet plan, only take sugar-free plant-based foods. The focus must be on beans, lentils, nuts, fresh or frozen vegetables, plant roots, nuts, pasta, quinoa, tofu, guava, avocado, oatmeal flour, etc.
The proteins in the WFPB diet can balance body sugars easily. Fibers satisfies hunger, which controls body weight by reducing extra sugar contents from the body. Fibers and protein isolates together make a tree to control body sugar levels.
Whole foods diet plan for diabetics
Modern processed and fatty diets are the leading source of bringing heart diseases and other degenerative ailments.
WFPB diet as being low in fat contents is very effective against degenerative diseases. All plant-based foods are a big source of antioxidants, vitamin C, and other flavonoids compounds. The phytonutrients of plant-based whole foods can help in
- Inflammation control
- Lowering cholesterol and oxidation damage
- Improving the body’s immune system against cancerous effects and heart issues
- Improving gut health
- Improving hormonal functionality in the body
Sustaining life with a plant-based whole food diet
WFPB diet brings sustainability by bringing wellness to life. Following are some of the secondary benefits of whole foods:
- Improves skin health and make it fresh, glowing, and healthy
- Controls acne and scars
- Improves sports performance
- Reduces aging process
- Improves fitness and activeness
With the increased population burden, the demand for food is also increasing. Plant-based food is environmentally friendly when produced by green culture. It not only brings health benefits to humans but can be taken up by ruminants and other animals. It does not harm the natural environment and make a large profit in the agriculture sector.
Suggestion for you
If you are willing to modify your diet to a healthy lifestyle, you should go for a whole food plant-based diet. Here is a top tip for you that can help in choosing the WFPB diet:
- Include green starchy and leafy vegetables, whole grains, and nuts as the maximum portion of your diet.
- Process fruits and vegetables to a minimum level
- Go for oil-free products or use olive oil while frying
- Drink water as much as you can
- Take fresh fruits time by time. But if you are a diabetic patient, avoid them otherwise there is no restriction.